USeP joins the celebration of the 30th National Statistics Month and 14th National Convention on Statistics (NCS) at the Crown Plaza Manila Galleria, ADB Avenue corner Ortigas, Quezon City.
The NCS is conducted every three years by the Philippine Statistical System(PSS). It is the country’s biggest gathering of statisticians, statistical practitioners, academicians, researchers, students, and media, both from the government and private sectors. The objectives of the convention are two-fold, namely: 1) to provide a forum for exchanging ideas and experience in the field of statistics and for discussing recent statistical developments and prevailing issues and the problems of the PSS; and 2) to elicit the cooperation and support of statisticians and professionals in related fields from the government, academe, and private sector towards a more responsive statistical system.
Seven (10) papers from the College of Applied Economics and College of Arts and Sciences were accepted for presentation. We would like to congratulate our faculty, students and alumni.
- Alcohol Consumption and Crime Incidence in the Philippines by Diana B. Salas and Jennifer E. Hinlo
- Regional Price Differences in the Philippines by Chris John Mark Paica and Jennifer E. Hinlo
- Inequality of Opportunities Among Children: Measuring the Regional Human Opportunity Index in Mindanao by Nathalie Xenia L. Sanchez
- Export Diversification and Economic Growth in the Philippines by Grace Ivy Arranguez and Jennifer E. Hinlo
- Determinants of Banking Profitability by Jayca Macasaquit and Jennifer E. Hinlo
- The Effect of Terrorism to Stock Market in the Philippines by Marivic Gubalane and Jennifer E. Hinlo
- Durations of Trade in the Philippines Stock Market: An Application of the Markov-Switching Multi-Fractal Duration Model (MSMD) by Jennifer E. Hinlo and Agustina Tan-Cruz
- Forecasting the Philippine Inflation Rate Using Box-Jenkins Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average and Multi-Layer Perceptron Neural Network Techniques by Victor Paul J. Dela Cruz, Geoffrey A. Pamayaon and Fe F. Largo
- Comparison of ARIMA and Singular Spectrum Analysis in Forecasting the Philippine Inflation Rate by Arniel A. Alderite and Anthony F. Capili
- An analysis on the Location and Type of Index Crimes in the Philippines by Rena Sandy A. Baculinao and Roel F. Ceballos
USeP continues to support research activities of our students and faculty in pursuit of achieving our vision of becoming a premier research university in the ASEAN Region.