“Guided by USEP’s vision and mission, passion and dedication, we go through the journey of excellence”.
The University and the College of Engineering in particular, have been marching towards excellence in the pursuit of providing quality education despite scarce resources to produce globally competitive graduates, and share positive contributions to national development.
Confronting with different challenges such as adherence to the Commission on Higher Education on Outcome Based Education (OBE), Department of Education’s K-12 that affected the engineering curricula, accreditation, SUC leveling, ISO certification and the ASEAN integration, let me underscore the importance of highly selective process of admission in the College and strict implementation of retention policies to attain a better results in the board examination performances and sought after graduate by employers both from the academe and the industries.
The quality of instruction to be delivered by the faculty however, should likewise be strengthened so we can at par if not exceed international academic institution.
On the otherhand, the culture of research and extension undertaking should also be developed by the faculty including the students to address and improve the society’s day to day life.
Therefore, let me enjoin all the faculty members of this college to take part in this thrust by way of imparting quality instruction and mentoring to our students for them in lies the hope and aspiration of reaching the vision of the University of Southeastern Philippines.
ANGEL V. DE VERA, JR., PEE, PHD, ACPE
DEAN, COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
For almost 33 years of existence, the USEP College of Engineering had proven its worth in the region, more specifically in producing quality graduates and topnotchers. Inspite of this, the college is still struggling to achieve a more meritorious course-building scheme to produce productive citizens and successful engineers.
In its stage of adolescence, the College of Engineering Five-Year Development Plan looks forward to offering courses relevant to the fast advancement of Technology and an extensive training in infrastructure projects.
USeP College of Engineering has built the reputation of having produced several engineering topnotchers, board passers, and technical professionals in the field of civil, electrical, electronics and communication, mechanical and plumbing engineering. It has received feedbacks from graduates and industries saying that USeP College of Enfineering has the right environment while they were in school and during their compulsory industry on-the-job training which contributed a lot in their career growth and promotions.
According to Dr. Angel V. De Vera Jr., Dean of the College of Engineering, the college will continue delivering quality instruction and training to deserving and qualified individuals and equip them with necessary skills and competence in their respective fields of specialization. Among the priorities of the college are:
- Accreditation of all the programs offered
- Faculty and staff development, income generating projects;
- Instruction and production;
- Extension activities; and
- Focusing on engineering and technology researches.
We are committed to produce globally competitive, responsive & morally upright engineers through holistic & quality standards of engineering education.
- Provide holistic curriculum
- Promote social values for professionalism
- Engage in engineering and technology research and development and extension
- Develop engineering technology for entrepreneurship in collaboration with industry
- To provide a system of instructions promoting the gained advances in engineering and its allied field.
- To stress the need for self-reliance, self-employment and community resources mobilization in the planning and implementation of community projects and programs.
- To promote advanced studies, research services and progressive leadership in engineering and industrial fields needed in the socio-economic development of Mindanao.