In behalf of the entire college of Technology family, I am pleased to introduce our College, with unexceptional learning environment focusing in producing globally competitive and skilled graduates.
We are proud that our students are highly competitive and motivated in applying their learning to the industry. Our faculty have developed a curriculum that aide the students in gaining advanced knowledge and skills. Also, the college does give importance to instill the students the right work ethics and good values as well as self confidence. We give emphasis to enhance the potential of each student to excel in different fields of technology.
In this Unit we offer the following programs; in undergraduate Diploma of Technology (DT), Bachelor of Industrial Technology (BIT), Bachelor of Science in Computer Technology (BSCT) and the Bachelor in Technical Teacher Education (BTTE). For our graduate programs, we have the Master of Industrial Technology (MIT), and the Master of Technology Education (MTE).
As we expand our programs for the advancement of the students, we welcome to meet opportunities and set standards to build a strong foundation to succeed. This foundation is our key to produce the best graduates: with the high quality standard of education they deserve. I am looking forward to more years and I know we would prosper because together we will work for it.
GOD BLESS US ALL!
Dean, College of Technology
College of Technology Official Logo
The College of Technology (formerly College of Technician Education and Technology) was established in 1983 with a mission to fulfill society’s requirements, that is, to train and develop middle level manpower through technical education geared towards Philippine Industrialization.
It started offering the Diploma of Industrial Technology, a two-year technical program on a pilot basis prior to its adoption the following year. The DIT curriculum was eventually revised in 1986 giving way to the offering of the Diploma of Technology, a three-year technical program. The Bachelor of Industrial Technology (BIT) was subsequently offered in the same year.
In 1990, the college began attuning its program offerings to meet manpower demands of current and emerging occupations at the technical and professional levels. The Bachelor of Industrial Technology (BIT) curriculum was revised to include two options namely: technology teaching and industrial technology. The program made the College to its present position of leadership and influence in technology education in the region.
To meet technological advancement that continuously demand for highly qualified technicians and professionals, the College further honed its capability by offering the Master of Technology in 1995. This was followed by the offering of the Master of Industrial Technology through the Mindanao Advanced Education Project (MAEP) in 1997. In the same year, the Bachelor in Computer Technology was offered to cater to the demands of infotech-related occupations.
To meet the demands of professionals, technologists and instructors of vocational and technology programs, the offering of Master of Vocational Educational was approved by the BOR of this University in June 1999. The College of Technology is located at Obrero Campus, Davao City, occupying a building distinct and separate from the other academic units.
A PREMIER UNIVERSITY IN THE ASEAN REGION.
By becoming a premier university in the ASEAN Region, the USEP shall be a center of excellence and development, responsive and adaptive to fast-changing environments, USEP shall also be known as the leading university in the country that fosters innovation and applies knowledge to create value towards social, economic, and technological developments.
USEP shall produce world-class graduates and relevant research and extension through quality education and sustainable resource management.
Particularly, we are committed to:
- Provide quality education for students to grow in knowledge, promote their well-rounded development, and make them globally competitive in the world of work;
- Engage in high impact research, not only for knowledge’s sake, but also for its practical benefits to society; and
- Promote entrepreneurship and industry collaboration.
- To produce technician graduates with marketable skills and potentials for growth to address the manpower needs of business and industry.
- To produce occupationally and professionally prepared teachers and specialists in vocational technical education.
- To engage in production activities that will enhance the development of knowledge, skills and capabilities for entrepreneurial endeavors or self-employment among graduates.
- To provide professional services to industries, technical and vocational schools, professional organizations and other agencies, in upgrading and developing existing technical and supervisory manpower.
- To integrate research and extension programs in collaboration with other institutions primarily for the development in the region.
The BTTE graduates can:
- Apply technical teaching competencies in a globally competitive world.
- Facilitate learning opportunities to meet current and emerging educational needs.
- Apply research methodologies for the improvement of instruction.
- Exhibit innovativeness and versatility in an ever-changing educational environment.
- Lead in the implementation of community development programs and linkages.
- Demonstrate and practice the professional and ethical requirements of the teaching profession.
The BCT graduates can:
- Apply ICT knowledge and skills to meet the demands of business and industry.
- Work effectively with positive work ethics in a team environment for good customer service.
- Adapt technological changes through continuous personal, career and professional development.
- Enhance good relationship with other institutions and agencies to promote linkages in terms of IT advancements.
- Innovate products and processes through research and development.
The BIT graduates can:
- Apply entrepreneurial and managerial knowledge and skills to meet the emerging needs of business and industry.
- Accelerate industrial production activities in collaboration with local government units and non-government organizations.
- Participate in the conduct of research and development for the improvement of products and processes.
- Practice desirable values and efficiency in the world of work for good customer service.