This Unit strives to maintain a dynamic and sustainable process of developing human resources involving upward mobility of employees and enhancing their abilities to handle special assignments, projects, handle recurring problems and human relations, while observing mutuality of interest. These include such feature as HR Inventory, Forecasting, Career Management and Succession.
Manpower and Career Planning seek to meet the following objectives:
- To provide and maintain appropriate manpower resources in the University;
- To provide an enabling environment for the effectiveness, efficiency and growth of its employees an motivating them to contribute effectively towards achieving the objectives of the organization;
- To map out careers of various categories of employees suitable to their ability, and their willingness to be trained and developed for higher positions;
- To have a stable workforce by reducing absenteeism and employee turnover;
- To cater to the immediate and future human resources need of the University on a timely basis; and
- To increase the utilization of managerial reserves within the University