Seventeen (17) programs of seven (7) colleges across all three USeP campuses underwent Level I, II, III and IV Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACCUP) Online Program Accreditation from November 14-18, 2022.
The University Quality Assurance Division (QAD) hosted the week-long activity; along with the College of Information and Computing (CIC), College of Arts and Sciences (CAS), College of Engineering (COE), College of Technology (CT), College of Development and Management (CDM), College of Agriculture and Related Sciences (CARS), and College of Teacher Education and Technology (CTET).
In line with the University’s commitment to quality and excellence, AACCUP conducted the accreditation survey visit to assess and evaluate the quality of programs that the University offers for its students and stakeholders. The programs that were assessed and evaluated were the following:
College of Information and Computing
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computing Science
College of Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
College of Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
College of Technology
- Master in Technology Education
- Master of Industrial Technology (Majors: Automotive Technology, Electrical Technology, Electronics Technology, Mechanical Technology)
College of Development and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Community Development
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration (Majors: Organization Studies, Public Fiscal Administration, Public Policy and Program Administration)
College of Agriculture and Related Sciences
- Master of Science in Environmental and Resource Management
- Doctor of Philosophy in Horticulture
- Master in Extension Education Program
College of Teacher Education and Technology
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Master of Education in Language Teaching
The AACCUP accreditors were organized into four (4) groups led by the coordinators- Dr. Divinagracia M. De Guzman, Dr. Elsa P. Manarpaac, Dr. Jaime P. Pulumbarit, and Dr. Enrico R. Rivano. The week-long survey visit gave the accreditors time to review and assess the compliance report from previous visits, investigate and evaluate the actions taken and the degree of compliance with its recommendations, and browse, examine, and assess the narrative profiles that the programs presented.
In the University President’s expression of commitment delivered by the Vice President for Planning and Quality Assurance, Dr. Tamara Cher R. Mercado, Dr. Lourdes C. Generalao expressed her gratitude to the AACCUP Accrediting Team, USeP’s Accreditation Task Force, and Technical Team for the unwavering commitment to quality education and the success of this year’s survey visits that finally came to a conclusion. QAD Director Henry Encabo emphasized that Accreditation activity was just one of the means of the commitment to quality education despite the pandemic that the world is facing. The visit ended with the AACCUP accreditors’ impression followed by the distribution of certificates for the Accreditors.
Through a consistent program assessment and accreditation over the years, AACCUP is a highly respected partner of the University in promoting and ensuring quality and excellence in education.
Kudos for the job well done!