In its effort to help the frontline medical health workers and uniformed personnel in their fight against the spread of COVID-19, USeP through its Fabrication Laboratory (Digihub FabLab, a shared service facility of USeP, DTI-XI and DOST-XI) fabricated thousands of face shields.
There are two types of fabricated face shields made available for distribution. The first type is 3D printed and the other one is Foam Type. The University through Dr. Amiel Marata, FabLab Manager, and Dr. Alma Mae Salinas, Dean of the College of Technology, have successfully turned over more than a thousand number of fabricated face shields to both public and private hospitals, doctors to the barrios, government agencies, LGUs, nearby barangays, boundary checkpoints and private organizations in the Region.
Specific recipients of the face shields are as follows:
• Southern Philippines Medical Center
• Davao Regional Medical Center
• Department of Heath Region XI
• City Health Office of Davao
• City Health Office of Digos
• Brokenshire Hospital
• San Pedro Hospital
• Davao Doctors Hospital
• Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc.
• Lupon Davao Oriental
• Kapalong Davao del Norte
• Asuncion Davao del Norte
• Government agencies (DTI-XI, LTO-XI, GSIS, DSWD-XI, DCWD, DOST-XI, Office of the Presidential Protocol, Central 911)
• LGUs (Digos, Pantukan, Sto. Tomas)
• Barangays (San Roque, Aquino, 13-B, 17-B, 18-B)
• Private organization (Gawad Kalinga Foundation)
The University is indeed grateful to everyone who shared their blessings in cash and in kind (materials for the fabrication of face shields). As of April 3, 2020, the University, through PASUC XI, has generated a total amount of Php 160,298.65 pesos for this endeavor. (JMPSual)