OSAS FRONTLINE SERVICES
HANDLING OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS
1. The received endorsement/certification of the internally-funded academic scholarships and other scholarships and grants from the Office of the University Registrar and other granting agency/concerned offices will be reviewed then final list of grantees shall be posted on the bulletin board of each college.
2.1. For internally-funded academic scholarships old grantees will proceed to OSAS for validation of scholarships, while newly endorsed/certified scholars shall fill-up the Scholarship Data Form (FM-USeP-HSG-01) and the issuance of the scholar/grantee card known as yellow card for validation.
2.2. For other scholarship and grants old grantees.
Old grantees under the other scholarship and grants will proceed to OSAS for verification of scholarships, while newly accepted scholars/grantees shall fill-up the Scholarship Data Form (FM-USeP-HSG-01) and the issuance of the scholar/grantee card known as blue card for validation.
3. The OSAS staff shall tag and validate the scholar/grantee in the USeP Scholarship Electronic System.
ACCREDITATION OF STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
1. The Student Organization writes a letter of intent to OSAS duly signed by its President and adviser indicating submission of the required documents for recognition or re-accreditation of each student organization.
2.1. The Campus Club Organization (CCO) will evaluate the application and endorses the same to the Obrero Campus Student Council (OCSC). The OCSC likewise endorse the application to the OSAS.
2.2. The recognized organization shall submit its accomplishment report and audited Financial Statement which are based from the approved action plan within 30 calendar days before the end of the semester to the CCO for submission to the Commission on Audit.
2.3. The COA will fill-up the Accomplishment Report Finding Form (FM-USeP-ASO-03 and Audited Financial Statement Findings Form (FM-USeP-ASO-02) for evaluation. If an organization has discrepancies/findings the adviser must submit a letter bearing a CAPA to the OSAS within 7 working days.
3. The OSAS shall verify the endorsed documents, and issues Certificate of Recognition/Re-accreditation to the organization. The officers shall fill-up the Oath of Office Form (FM-USeP-ASO-01)) for the mass oath-taking for all recognized/re-accredited student organization which shall be conducted by the OSAS. If in case an organization did not meet the requirements, the certificate of recognition will be issued as soon as deficiencies are completed.
HANDLING OF STUDENT COMPLAINTS
1. The complainant shall fill-up the Student Complaint Form (FM-USeP-HSC-01) which specifies the acts or commissions constituting the misconduct. The accomplished complaint form must be subscribed to by the student/complainant including his/her parents or guardian, before any officer authorized to administer oath (notarized), which must forthwith be recorded in the OSAS Complaints Logbook kept for such purpose.
2. If the Director of the OSAS determines that the complaint is sufficient to warrant formal investigations, the Director then will give a copy of the complaint to each student/respondent, and his/her parent/guardian. The respondents in turn will be required to answer the charges in writing and under oath within three (3) school days from receipt of the complaint.
3. Upon the receipt of the respondent/s’ written sworn answer, the OSAS shall forward the records of the case to the Committee on Student Discipline (CSD) for the conduct of formal investigation.
4. All parties concerned shall be notified of the time and date set for the hearing at least two (2) school days from receipt of the notice. A hearing shall begin not later than one (1) week after the respondent’s answer is received or after expiration of the period within which the student/respondent is supposed to file his answer.
5. At the conclusion of the formal investigation, the CSD shall submit a report containing a statement of the findings of the fact, conclusions and its recommendations. The report shall contain, in brief statement, the findings of the fact, conclusions and recommendations and the rules and regulations from which the decision is based.
MANAGEMENT OF STUDENT LABOR
1. Fill out the Student Labor (SL) Request Form (FM-USeP-MSL-01).
2. The OSAS approves the SL Request Form and coordinates with the Knowledge Management Services Division (KMSD) and colleges for posting in the USeP Portal and college bulletin boards.
3. Student applicants shall fill-up the Student Labor Application Form (FM-USeP-MSL-02).
4.1 The OSAS director will assess the applicant’s submitted documents based on the specified criteria and the Finance Director will certify that the funds are available therefor.
4.2 The VPAA/Chancellor/Dean approves the application.
5. The applicant will sign the approved SL Application Form and Contract (FM-USeP-MSL-02).
6. The OSAS conducts orientation to accepted applicants prior to deployment.
7. The OSAS monitors the SL attendance and performance monitoring logbook, Daily Time Record and accomplishment report (FM-USeP-MSL-03).
Processing of Student Travel Orders
Travel Orders are necessary to determine the destination of the official travel, the date of the departure, the date of return, and the purpose of the travel.
Approved Letter from the President requesting travel (SUC President if the travel is outside Region XI or VP for Academic Affairs if the travel is within Region XI)
1. Once the request letter is approved, the clerk has to estimate or check the flight schedules as well as other transportations necessary for the travel.
2. Then a Travel Order and Itinerary of Travel (format is provided) will be created. The data within these documents must be consulted with the finance department to know the permissible budget for the allowance.
a. The Budget for the ticket should be taken from the allotted budget for OSS located in the Annual Procurement Plan 101 (Yearly budget allocation Plan).
3. After the approval of the accounting department, a final Travel Order and Itinerary of Travel is passed to the Office of the President addressed to:
a. SUC President (if travel is outside Region XI)
b. VP for Academic Affairs (if travel is within Region XI)
c. O.I.C. of the extension office if the president is not around
4. When the Travel Order and Itinerary of Travel is approved. Cash advance is prepared. The following items are necessary for this.
a. Budget Utilization Request (164) or Obligation Request (101) as indicated by the APP.
b. Disbursement Voucher (format)
c. Travel Order, I.T. (format)
d. Approved Letter of Travel
5. All documents that are going to be submitted has to be photocopied for future use. A copy of the travel order with the control number has to be secured.
6. Then the documents are submitted to the Submit to Accounting/Finance Department. Processing of the documents will take about 3-5 days. If the travel is urgent, the staff could volunteer to collect all the necessary signatures for the travel.
Lastly, the budget is sent through the ATM for regular employees while a check is issued for contractual and students.
Processing of Student After Travel Report
After travel reports are necessary for the liquidation of all expenses for the trip/travel.
a. Appendix 58 (format)
- Signed by the participant
- Signed by the VPAA
- Signed by the Finance director
b. Certification of Travel Completed (format)
- Signed by the participant
- Signed by the VPAA
- Addressed to the president
c. Travel Order (w/ the travel order number)
d. Itinerary of Travel (w/ the control number)
e. Certificate of Appearance/Certificate of Participation (photocopy)
- With certified true copy stamp
f. Registration fee (original receipt)
g. Reimbursement expense receipt (RER) for transportations without ticket. i.e. taxi, tricycle.
h. Airplane boarding pass (Original)
i. Terminal fee
j. Bus ticket
k. After Travel Report (format)
- Approved by the VPAA
- Signed by the participant
l. Excess money not spent during the travel needs to be refunded to the finance office.
1. The staff will photocopy the documents to be submitted because the original copies (tickets/receipts) are going to be submitted to the finance office.
2. Then the documents are submitted to the finance department
Conduct of Student Activities
Students are not allowed to participate or conduct any activities inside or outside the campus as representative of the University without a written consent from the Office of Student Services and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The submission for application to permit the student to attend on/off-campus activities must be submitted thirty (30) days before the official date of the activity. The students are also not allowed to participate without the supervision of a faculty adviser.
Before the request can be made, the staff has to check whether the student organization requesting for an academic student related activity have been compliant with their Accomplishment Report and Financial Statements, also the student organization has to be an accredited organization to be able to make such a request.
a. Letter request (template provided)
b. Program of Activities
c. Approved course syllabus
d. Minutes of the meeting (highlighting on the agreed contribution)
e. Excuse letter signed by the requesting subject teacher and acknowledged by the affected subject teachers.
a. Letter request
b. Itinerary of travel
c. Program of Activities
d. Approved course syllabus
e. Minutes of the meeting (highlighting on the agreed contribution)
f. Excuse letter signed by the requesting subject teacher and acknowledged by the affected subject teachers.
g. Copy of the letter sent to the institution/company with acknowledgement or confirmation.
Student Requirements (ONLY for Off-Campus Activities)
h. Notarized Parent’s Consent
i. Medical Certificate
j. Signed Conditions For Outside USeP Campus
k. Insurance Certificate
1. The staff will review if the requirement for the request is complete. He/she will then forward the request to the OSS Director for reviewing and recommendation.
2. Then the Office of Student Services will forward the request to the Vice President of Academic Affairs for approval.
3. Activities within the campus must not go beyond curfew hours, however, if necessary, prior information to the University Clinic and Security Office at least five (5) days before the event must be provided. No Sunday activity shall be allowed.
Request for Temporary Exemption From Wearing the School Uniform
There are cases wherein a student needs to apply to temporarily not wear the school uniform. Such cases may be:
- If the student is pregnant.
- Accident victims
- Cross-enrolled students
- Excuse letter addressed to the OSS Director
1. The staff will evaluate the excuse letter and issue a temporary exemption slip to the student.
2. The transaction will be recorded in the logbook.
Signing of Student Clearance
For students who wish to transfer to another school or graduating students, a completed clearance form is necessary for the student to be allowed to request for certain documents like the transcript of records, honorable dismissal, certificate of grade, etc.
The clearance forms are available at the Office of the College Dean.
Clearance paper with the following signatures:
- Class Treasurer
- Local Council
- OCSC (Obrero Campus Student Council)
- UGTO (University Guidance and Testing Office)
- The staff will check the signatures in the clearance paper if the items mentioned above are complete. If it’s complete, the clearance will be signed.
- For graduating students and organization officers, their names must be checked in the system if there are any accountabilities left.
- The staff will open the clearance system application.
- Then enter the username and password which will be provided to authorized personnel.
- Once the clearance system is opened go to Files then open Student accountabilities.
- Under the hide filter look for Term and specify the term where the student was last enrolled in.
- A list of students will appear. If the student’s name is not present, their clearance will be signed. If their names are present, the student is advised to clear any accountabilities first before their clearance is signed.