The Extension Division on the other hand, focused on the continuing education and livelihood programs, in close coordination with the LGUs, people’s organizations and other stakeholders for manpower development and entrepreneurship. It aimed to contribute effectively in people empowerment of the region, equipping them with necessary knowledge, values, skills and competencies, and entrepreneurial abilities, to promote self-reliance, greater productivity and better communities.
The University of Southeastern Philippines in pursuit of its mandate to disseminate technology and extension services to stakeholders has developed programs and projects delivered across the Region in coordination with its partners.
The year 2011 proved to be fruitful for the university. During the first three quarter it had delivered 38 training programs and services across the Region comprising 12 need-based and 25 research-based training programs. The university continued and forged new partnerships with local, national and international organizations in the implementation of its mandate.
The Lifelong Study Center of the university continued to generate income of Php 45,000.00 for division and strategizing activities to sustain the extension division programs, projects and activities.
A strong center for continuing education and livelihood programs. In close coordination with LGUs, Pos and other stakeholders for the manpower development and entrepreneurship in the region.
To contribute effectively in the people empowerment of the region by equipping with the necessary knowledge, values, skills, competencies, entrepreneurial abilities, to promote self-reliance, greater productivity and better communities.
Academic units activities along their field of specialization and subject matter areas of concern and expertise of faculty and staff in research, information, knowledge, technologies, ideas developed by university researchers to be transferred and shared to intended clientele.
The University under Batas Pambansa Blg. 12 is mandated to promote extension services in science, agriculture, forestry, fisheries, engineering and industrial fields and other course needed in the socio-economic development of Mindanao; to provide non-formal education and undertake vigorous food production, nutrition, health and sports development and education of adult citizens and out-of-school youth (OSYs).
- Enhance the promotion and transfer of proven and commerciable matures technologies to the rural communities.
- Facilitate the dissemination of more meaningful development information through the University in the barangay in collaboration with the other agencies.
- Accelerate the development of more rural integrated agro-industry-based projects and barangay integrated development approach for nutrition improvement.
- Assist in the implementation of the national and regional priority projects and programs like food security, poverty alleviation and good governance.
- Strengthen linkage with other SUCs, NGOs, NGAs and Pos conducting extension programs for greater sharing of resources.
- Take an active part in the strengthening of the capability of local government units in the country.
- Provide non-formal education and undertake integrated vigorous extension and research programs in food production, nutrition, health, and sports development and education of adult citizens and out-of-school youths.
- To serve the under-privileged and underserved youths of educational needs; and
- To make full use of the non-traditional methods of education to serve the needs of the people:
- To strengthen the campaign against poverty through income related productivity and entrepreneurial training and better development of manpower to optimize of school resources;
- To serve under-privileged and under-served children of educational needs, focusing on positive values and character formation;
- Acceleration of training both in formal and non-formal education system to develop middle-level and high skills;
- To develop and improve educational content and instructional materials for the NFE.
The USeP extension programs aims to benefit the populace of Region XI, it focuses on the rural folks. Other clienteles are:
- Housewives and their children
- Adult members of the community
- Local government units
- Barangay constituents
- Prospective small-scale entrepreneurs
USeP extension program takes on the following activities:
Iñigo St. Bo. Obrero, Davao City 8000